Skip to content

Sam Bankman-Fried will not face second trial after multibillion-dollar crypto fraud conviction

    US prosecutors say ‘strong public interest’ in prompt resolution of case against 31-year-old outweighs benefits of second trial

    US prosecutors say they do not plan to conduct a second trial against Sam Bankman-Fried, who was convicted last month of stealing from customers of his now-bankrupt FTX cryptocurrency exchange.

    In a letter filed on Friday night in federal court in Manhattan, prosecutors said the “strong public interest” in a prompt resolution of their case against the 31-year-old former billionaire outweighed the benefits of a second trial.

    Continue reading…

    ​US prosecutors say ‘strong public interest’ in prompt resolution of case against 31-year-old outweighs benefits of second trialUS prosecutors say they do not plan to conduct a second trial against Sam Bankman-Fried, who was convicted last month of stealing from customers of his now-bankrupt FTX cryptocurrency exchange.In a letter filed on Friday night in federal court in Manhattan, prosecutors said the “strong public interest” in a prompt resolution of their case against the 31-year-old former billionaire outweighed the benefits of a second trial. Continue reading… US news | The Guardian

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *